About Gordon Law Firm
Located in Houston, Texas, The Gordon Law Firm provides honest and dependable legal representation.
We are equipped to fit the needs of all of our clients. Our firm is skilled in a large variety of legal services, from financial and business litigation, to personal injury, complex commercial litigation and appellate practice. Attention To Detail: We work hard for each client and know that attention to detail is key to success. We understand that each client has different needs, goals and requirements and we focus on giving each client exemplary service.
Attorney Carl W. Gordon founded The Gordon Law Firm in 2009 with the passion to help those needing superb legal counsel to protect and preserve their rights. Gordon is a bright legal mind, known for his critical-thinking, practical and pragmatic approach. Whether in or out of the courtroom, Gordon relentlessly demonstrates a zero-tolerance for injustice. He advises his clients with both impeccable judgment and integrity. Gordon will give you the law consultation you want and deserve.
Gordon received a B.A. degree with a concentration in Business Administration from Morehouse College. Thereafter, Gordon attended Thurgood Marshall School of Law located in Houston, Texas. In 2005, Gordon graduated top of his law class with the academic honor of magna cum laude. While attending law school he also served as the senior editor of the Thurgood Marshall Law Review.
Following graduation from law school, Gordon began his legal career working as a business litigation associate for the Houston office of an AmLaw Top 100 international law firm. Gordon has experience working on an array of cases as a personal injury attorney
to successfully navigating major complex business litigation matters. He also has experience representing individuals, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies.
He is a seasoned lawyer who treats each case with the utmost care and integrity.
The following are a few examples of Gordon’s legal experience assisting clients to meet and exceed their legal goals:
- Obtained multi-million dollar buyout award for client’s interest in Cayman Island hedge fund company;
- Successfully first chaired personal injury trial victory in which plaintiff obtained money judgment for actual damages and pain and suffering damages;
- Obtained money judgment in a breach of joint venture agreement and breach of fiduciary duty lawsuit resulting in a constructive trust being granted in favor of plaintiff over the real estate subject to the lawsuit;
- Obtained money summary judgment in a breach of leaseback financing contract lawsuit for a world leader in copier manufacturing;
- Obtained money judgment in a fraud, fraudulent inducement and breach of commercial lease agreement lawsuit;
- Attorney in charge of the Texas debt collection docket for world’s largest durable medical equipment manufacturer and distributor;
- Successfully represented a Japanese corporation by obtaining a favorable agreed judgment in a trade secret lawsuit;
- Trial team member for numerous Fortune 100 companies in securities litigation matters;
- Lead personal injury attorney in lawsuits for a world leader in the energy and petrochemical industry;
- Lead attorney in charge of successfully negotiating personal injury settlements through alternative dispute resolution;
- Lead attorney in depositions for toxic tort and contamination lawsuits;
- Civil trial team member for world-leading financial services company in the Enron lawsuit;
- Trial team member in successful representation of clients in commercial landlord-tenant disputes;
- Experience in collecting on judgments with post-judgment extraordinary writs and remedies; and
- Successfully prosecuted appeal and original proceedings in appellate courts.